Jan 20, 2012

Instrument of nature: Etta James (25 January 1938 – 20 January 2012)


Something strange happened to me earlier...
After publishing Flo Rida's song "Good Feeling",
I returned on youtube to listen Etta James's "Something's got a hold on me".
Flo Rida's "Good feeling" has samples from this one... Anyway, I was singing and dancing and happy, then I recived an e-mail...
14 years old. A young girl, inspired by the doo-wop style, formed a girl band wich captured Johnny Otis's attention who gave birth of Etta James.
Another instrument of nature has left the Earth. "At last", she may rest in peace, she found "Peace of my heart".
She has won 6 Grammy awards of which one is the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award (2003) and 7 Blues Music Awards. She ranks number 22 in top 100 Greatest Singers and 62 in the top100 Greatest Artists.
She was considered "link" between rhythm and blues and rock and roll.
We all know that she's not gone. Listening the music of Beyonce, Hayley Williams, Christina Aguilera, Joss Stone or Adele, we will always find her.
"A lot of people think the blues is depressing, but that’s not the blues I’m singing. When I’m singing blues, I’m singing life. People that can’t stand to listen to the blues, they’ve got to be phonies." [Etta James in The A.L. Time '93]
F.Y.I : cause of death... google it! :)

Enjoy *peace out!*

No comments:

Post a Comment